I saw this Q&A thing for mother's to fill out and I thought it might be interesting to read in a few years or to have my girls read it when they are mothers.
1. What time do my kids wake up? Right now around 7am. Still early, but it's not what it was thank goodness.
2. On a good night, what time do my kids go to sleep? Before daylight savings it was 7:30. Now it is all screwed up. More like 9:30.....d@$% daylight savings time!!!!!
3. How long have I been a mom? 2 years and counting!
4. How old was I when I became a mom? Barely 25 years
5. What is my favorite kid show? Wonder Pets
6. Least favorite kid show? It's a toss up between Teletubbies and Barney.
7. Favorite chore? Reading with my children. I know it's not a household chore but it's a mother's chore and much more important than cleaning toilets or sweeping floors. Remember this next time you come to my house and it's less then tidy!
8. Favorite meal to cook? Hmm......which one is the easiest? Well, I actually like making Tortilla Soup. Easy and really tasty.
9. What's the meal cooked most often? Burritos and quesadillas
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Regan loves chicken and Sophie eats anything we're eating.
11. What is my favorite thing that Jason does with the kids? Everything Jason does with the kids. I love that he is willing to do anything for them....play, change diapers, bathe them, etc. He is the best dad around.
12. What are the 5 things that make me smile while being a mom? Listening to Regan sing. Watching Sophie dance. The funny things Regan says. Seeing them learn new things and giving me and eachother kisses.
13. Where do I want to take my kids someday? I want to take Regan to the zoo so badly! She loves animals and I know she would LOVE the zoo!!! If we move to SLC I am getting a season pass to the zoo. I wish SG had one.
14. When was the last time Jason and I went out without the kids? A few weeks ago we went to the temple.
15. One thing you said you'd never do as a mom? I don't remember specifically, but maybe I said that I would never let my house get really messy....hahahaha.
16. Favorite past time with my kids? Singing
17. Favorite quality that my mom has? Patience and unending service/thought/concern for everyone around her.
18. Advice for new moms? Take time for yourself. If you're drained and beaten down you'll be useless to your kids. Also, find some friends. It's good to be able to get out of the house with other moms and realize that you are not alone in the things you are going through.
You know, motherhood has it's ups and downs. At the end of the day I try to look back and find one moment or two that were great moments with my kids. I didn't realize that sometimes it would be difficult to find those moments, but they help me to focus on the positive aspects of motherhood and not the negative ones, like Sophie crying all day or Regan peeing all over the house all day.
Being a mother is a journey, not a landmark (as I once thought). Which brings me to my next thought. Along this thorny, rose laden journey, I hope that I can evolve into the mother that my mom is today. She does everything with her children and grandchildren in mind. I hope that I can have as strong a testimony and desire to do right as she does. I hope that I can instill in my children the same love and dependence on the gospel that she has in me. Thanks for this mom. I don't know what I'd do without you.