People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dear Gray Hairs

Dear gray hairs that have chosen to invade my head,

Why?
I've done nothing to deserve this premature sign of aging. I'm a good girl I am. Ever since Jason started this program, you have thought it okay to drop by at inconvenient times. During dinner, when I'm taking a shower, playing with my girls, without so much as a phone call to warn me. Maybe you thought I wouldn't notice if one or two of you crept in. Well I have!!! Just today I pulled 7 of you nasty critters out. If that wasn't enough you have begun hitting below the belt. I have found you in my eyebrows, my goatee, and even my eyelashes!!!!! What the heck is that all about?!?!? Are my nose hairs next?!? So I am officially writing to tell you I have had enough. If you do not quit this sordid attack, I will have to start coloring over you and I really don't want to do that. So play nice.....on someone elses head!!!

Not yours trully,

Kristal D. Joy, esq.

14 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Oh my word! You are funny! I'm just glad that you didn't mention the grey hair you found on my head.

Ashley said...

Oh, Kristal! I am so sorry, but that really was hilarious!

carrie said...

Hilarious, I love it!

ADAMS FAMILY said...

I would trade for grey hairs over vericos (can't spell) veins any day. At least you can just color over them...either way, it's hard to admit were getting older. Blame it on those two adorable little girls you have right!!??

Aunt Tiff said...

Thanks for the great laugh...and I know exactly how you feel!!!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I don't know what's worse, Grey or white??
Don't worry be happy, you have 2 lovely little girls and a great sense of humour. God Bless you.

Dawna Greer said...

Hahahaha! Be glad your hair is nice and thick and you can pull gray hairs out without any noticeable baldness for a long time :) I did forever but when I got pregnant in my 40's I decided it was time to start coloring.

Kelly said...

"I'm a good girl I am " ha! I love it and I love you!

Living Lavallee said...

Mine started when I was 20. And, the fine lines have started...

The Waites said...

HAHAHAHAHAH HA HA HAAAA!!!! You crack me right up! At least you have a good sense of humor about it! I love the comic at the end too! Funny stuff! I don't have grey hair yet but I have a plethora of fine lines around my whole face and deep worry lines across my forhead. So not cool! We aren't even 30 yet!

The Colvins said...

Kristal, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I used to think a my few grays looked distinguisded, until people staring pointing them out to me--now I'm self conscious! I'll share with you my little secret though (a black sharpie goes a long way for touch ups)!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristal,
I found your blog through your sister Kandra. I looks like you are doing great! (beside the grey hairs LOL) I couldn't find you on facebook. Your children are beautiful. Good to see you again!

Georgia Eldredge Cardwell

Healthful Living said...

Funny stuff! I've been noticing a few here and there lately. No fun at all!!

Living Lavallee said...

you might google "gray hair copper" and see if you learn anything. I've heard of it, but just get what's in a multi supplement. I've had grays since I was 20. Still few enough that I just pull them, but there are still unwelcome!