People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Changing Times

Once Jason graduated we had a few things on our minds. Where is Jason going to get a job? Architecture is not a great field to find a job in at the moment. How are we going to start paying off student loans? Where are we going to live, especially if he doesn't find a job by the time we have to be out of student housing? Will I get to keep my doctor (because I will probably cry if I don't)? Can we find a good van in our price range? Umm....stress weighed down my life. Prayers ascended to heaven at a steady pace. Pretty sure, Heavenly Father's inbox was full just from me. I kept thinking, "Well, the Lord led us down this school path, and led us to this point where we are about to have a baby. He can't let us fail now, right? I mean, maybe my pregnancy hasn't been a hard enough trial. Maybe I need bankruptcy and homelessness to really make things hard."

So after a couple weeks of sending out resumes, calling, visiting firms, and emailing, Jason found a job temping at an architecture firm here in SLC. What a great blessing! It was supposed to last at most 2 weeks. They couldn't hire full time. So week after week they keep telling him to come back the next week (which was excellent) and he kept looking around for permanent work.

The week after I got back from AZ, the Lord took pity on my poor soul. Jason's dad called us on a Monday and said he found a van that was really a pretty good deal, really clean, and seemed to run well. We trusted his judgement and had him buy it for us. Hooray!

Then on Tuesday, Jason got a call from a firm that really wanted him and made him an offer after only 1 of usually 3 interviews they do. So Wednesday he tells the firm he's temping for that he was made an offer and would be finishing out the week with them then going over to the other firm. Well, I guess they saw how valuable Jason's experience is and they didn't want to lose him either, so they said they would match the other firm's offer! After some quick praying, Jason felt that he should stay with the firm he's been with. He really likes the atmosphere and the people he works with. Insert a big hosanna shout!!

So now that we know we are going to be in SLC for at least a few years, I started looking for places to move.....that Tuesday night. I figure that it will be a little easier to move a couple weeks before the baby comes rather than a couple weeks after. I made appointments to view a couple places on Thursday night. We really liked and felt good about the first place we saw. I kept thinking about it Friday and Saturday while we were in SG getting our van. So Saturday I called and said that we wanted it.

So in the same week we found a van, got a permanent job, and found a place to live. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel to Heavenly Father for opening the windows of heaven and pouring out His blessing on us.

We can start moving into our duplex/house tomorrow, but have to be out of our current place by Nov.12. We'll start moving boxes and small stuff over, and then on Nov. 5th we'll do all the big stuff. And by we, I mean anybody else but me:) I can pack boxes, but I can't move them. (Insert evil, sadistic laugh here.....jk......but not really;)

***************************

I was hoping that this baby would stay put until after the 12th, but I'm getting more and more uncomfortable and miserable. I'm sick of being sick, and not being able to breathe, and feeling 100 years old every time I get off the couch, and not being able to do much of anything without feeling like I just ran a marathon. In other words, I'm ready if she is. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like a complainer. I'm incredibly thankful to be pregnant and know that a lot of women would trade places with me any time. I've been in their shoes. I just want to document what I'm feeling and going through at this point.

I had Sophie the day I turned 36 weeks and she was nearly 7 pounds.......a month early!! She would have been huge if I went to 40 weeks. I wonder what this one will do. Makes me nervous. Dr. has been saying that I'm measuring just right though. (I get to keep my same doctor. I'm so happy, you don't even know) She moves so much! She also stomps on my bladder a lot, and gets the hiccups constantly:) I can tell she is sideways because my left side gets the hiccups and the right side gets pokey foot jabs. So I wonder when she is going to head south for the winter and drop. It's a crazy, weird, amazing thing to watch my stomach rolling all over the place. For a long time now, every time I think about her I just feel so much sweetness from her spirit. I can't wait to meet her!

Sophie's favorite shirt. She calls it her exercise shirt.

She is pretty picky about her hair and I finally found a new way to do it that she actually likes.

8 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Yeah when I found out about your new van, new job and then new apartment I thought to myself...Its about time things go their way!! Blessings for sure.
I cant believe you came up with her hair all by yourself! So cute:)

Rachel Lacy said...

Yay!! yay for a new van, job, apartment, and soon to be baby! And yay for trusting in the Lord- I know how ya feel sister. Its not easy. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little girl :)

Kit said...

I am SO SO SO HAPPy for you guys!!! The Lord is definitely watching over the Joy Clan!!! Yippee!!! PLEASE have Jason call Shawn a few days before you guys start moving the big stuff. He would love to help if he can.

Yay!!!!

Dawna Greer said...

Yes it took lots of patience and time for the puzzle pieces to start coming together but our prayers are definitely being answered. Now to get Allie here safely. . .We're ready when she is!

Aunt Tiff said...

Congrats to you guys!! Love when prayers are answered:)

Living Lavallee said...

Wow - that's amazing how everything worked out. That's what I'm hoping for as we transition back to America and out of the army this coming summer. We still haven't decided where we want to go...

I am always amazed at the horror of how awful it is to be so pregnant - no worries about complaining.

The Colvins said...

We are so happy for your family! What wonderful news. BTW, I love Sophie's fab hair-do...very inventive!

The Merrills said...

The Lord answers prayers!