People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our pretty princess

Regan is what you would call a tom boy. Her two favorite books are about bugs and snakes. On a particularly rough Sunday morning she yelled, "I hate dresses! I hate pink! And I hate princesses!!!" Have you seen that Tide commercial about that mom with the girl who likes only cargo shorts and hoodies? That commercial cracks me up cause I can kinda relate. I have these beautiful dresses that collect dust in her closet because she won't wear them. The plainer, the better. She has even turned my prissy, froo-froo luvin' Sophie against them. It vexes me greatly :<

So imagine my surprise/shock/bewilderment when Regan comes up to me and asks me to help her become a pretty princess. She wanted the make-up, the crown, the dress, and the shoes.
So I had to take some pictures to memorialize the event. Who knows when it may happen again.

She has been wearing pink a little more too. Crazy, I know!

Sophie has to do whatever Regan does, so she made her own crown too and put on a dress-up dress.

My pretty princesses

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What the? Picture me with my mouth dropped! I think I'm the one that gave her the snake book. She's such a cool, unique girl because of her tom boy nature. It's surprising, but totally cute that she wanted to be all prettied up. Love you Reagie roo!