People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Burnham Family Reunion

I've been kind of MIA for the last couple of weeks. The week of July 4th we had a family reunion in Heber, AZ and went camping with a bunch of family that I hadn't seen for a long time. Regan and Sophie took advantage of their new found freedom and had a blast swimming in the dirt (literally for Sophie). Half the campsite is now down my parents bathtub drain because of those two alone.

I got to see Kandra and rub her expanding belly. She looks smaller in person than in her blog pictures. She is very cute and we had a little family baby shower for her that turned out really nice. Jared unfortunately didn't stay out camping with us (the big baby) and opted to stay at his parents house instead.

Poor Wendy couldn't be there because the retina in her eye detached a few days before and she had to have surgery during the reunion. We missed having her there and I especially missed poking her squishy-jello bum. We did go over to Lakeside to see her before we left though.

The 4th of July fireworks show was great as usual and Sophie and Regan managed not to scream bloody murder this year. They actually fell asleep during them...crazy kids. I wanted to take more pictures but I didn't want my nice camera to get all filthy. I had it in the car and Jason was changing Sophie's diaper and she reached up and pulled it down on her face and chipped her front tooth. Nice...now she'll be a hill-billy baby until it falls out in another 6 years. Regan got curious with a prickly pear cactus and I spent 45 minutes trying to get the tiny thorns out of her hands. But that was the worst of their injuries thank goodness.
Here is a big high five to my mom for all the hard work that she did to put EVERYTHING together. This wouldn't have been a good reunion without her efforts. We had a family olympics and even my 93 year old grandma participated!! Way to go grams!!
Sophie and Brinley (my brother's girl).

Sophie is snuggling up to my dad. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the sucker he is illegally giving her. Actually he has found about the only way to keep her wiggly bum still.

Yes there are more pictures of Sophie from this campout, but Regan was kind of MIA as well from having so much fun with her cousins. Kandra, I need you to send me the pictures you took. Anyway, it took me all of last week to get everything clean and put away from the trip. I have been working to get things ready to move and so I haven't been online very much. Things are going pretty well for us, but I think as the time draws closer to moving and starting a new life, we are kind of internally freaking out....well I know I am. So just bare with me as these post may not be timely for a while. I hope you all are doing well. -Ciao!

8 comments:

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

It looks like you guys had a great 4th of July.. Your little girls are so dang cute.

Where will you guys be moving? Good luck on that, done it to many times. I feel for you...

Catherine said...

Yea! Welcome back to the bloggin' world! Kandra is looking great pregnant, especially with Sophers on her shoulder. What a cute pic! And I'm lovin' the sucker bribe from your dad...grandpa's sure know the way to a little girl's heart! ;)

carrie said...

Your new background is adorable, nice work! I am pretty clueless when it comes to blogging and the whole backgrounds thing. I have tried to leave a comment on your blog a couple of times and one of the times blogger was down and the other time it didn't work. I am usually chicken pecking at the keyboard while I try to wrangle both of my kids, so sorry I haven't commented in a while. I just have to say, your post a while back was great, and I'm so glad you wrote it. I have felt pretty crappy at times when I get on blogs and everything is full of sweetness and sunshine, and I have spent the majority of my day saying "Don't" and "your in time out!" So thanks again! you are great!

Dawna Greer said...

Your new heading is adorable (of course) and I love all the reunion pictures. Glad you all enjoyed it. It makes me feel like the hard work was worth it and worthwhile to do again sometime in the future when I know that people had a good time! Your girls were so squeaking clean and spiffy in their cute clothes each morning and within minutes were so grimey and deliciously dirty. It was hilarious watching Sophie swim in the powdery dirt!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Thanks for hooking my blog up. You truly are the best 26 yr old sister I have! And Jared wants to set the records straight--he spent 3 nights at his parent's house and 2 nights at mom and dads. He says camping is for the birds.

Anonymous said...

WOW...your mom put together quite the reunion! Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe the girls slept during fireworks...so did Danika! Guess it just isn't as amusing to them as it is to us!

Regi said...

I looks like you had a super trip. Your girls are getting so big! I'm sorry I'm not a very good commenter. I getting better! I am so excited for you to move up to slc. Congrats Jason! We lived in the University Village and loved it. The apartment was crappy but we loved all the families we lived by. We will be in VA for the rest of the summer and move back to FL around Aug 15th. We are healthy, happy, and having a fantastic summer.

JaredandKatie said...

That's so neat that Sophie has a cleft too. I always wanted to get rid of it when I was younger because people teased me about it all the time, but now it just makes me unique. :) That is so funny that you remembered the slumber party! ha ha ha I woke up the next day and you were gone and I was all sad because I didn't know you had left! I am also really touched that you remembered the day I was baptized (although it would be hard to forget since it is on your Birthday!) W

hat I remember most about you as we were going up was that you were always a true friend to me. You were always consistent. You didn't get caught up in a lot of drama and I could always depend on you. Especially is choir when I had to sing alto. That was so hard for me because I had a hard time learning to read music and you just sat there and sang so beautifully, and you made it seem so effortless! I have always admired you. You are one of the most beautiful people I know, inside and out,