People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reganisms and Sophieisms

Sophie has been saying words right and left and I wanted to jot down some of them before I forget. She will be 15 months in a few days.

Up, daddy, mama, no, cwacker, cereal, bubble, box, hot, walk, baby, boo, moo, meow, quack, neigh, woof, bye bye, hello, hi, nummy-num (which means she wants something to eat or whatever you're eating RIGHT NOW!!). She loves to play with my phone and will put it up to her ear and say "hello-ello" and it sounds like some Japanese lady who's in a hurry.
Ok I have already started to forget some of the words, but she tries to say words we say and is too stinkin' cute. When Regan and I are singing she tries to sing too. She does not stop moving. Most of the time when it's getting late and she should go to sleep, she will keep moving until she finally "hits a wall" and crashes where ever she is.

Regan loves singing and knows so many songs that I can't even count. She likes to mix and match songs as well just to spice things up a bit.

Here are a couple examples:

"The Sophie on the bus goes (insert Sophie's crazy, alien noise here)...." Then when Regan starts making the noise, Sophie has to join in.

"Head, shoulders, knees and toes...all through the town!"

Jason and I like to tease her a bit with the Wonder Pet's song. We will say something like, "Regiroo, Regiroo we're on our way..." and she get's mad and says "NO!! WONDER PET'S!!" Or we ask her what she wants to sing and when we start singing somethingthing she'll get mad, "NO!! WONDER PET'S!!". She is my little drama queen. She knows how to whip out her fake cry and boy does she work it! She'll come up to me with her pouty face and fake cry and say, "My cwying!"
"Well what's the matter"

"My CWYING!"

Oh, I get it now. She really has kind of hit the terrible twos. Full on tantrums, and mischevious mayhem, yet she can say the funniest things:
When I go to the bathroom, both girls usually have to be right there and Regan usually says,
"Such a big girl, go poo poo in the potty." She has heard me say it to her so much that she feels the need to compliment me on my acomplishments as well.
"Look mama! It's a baby bread (with a scrunched up nose and high squeaky voice), it's so pretty!"
Here is a funny little story that I want to remember later. I was in the living room folding towels and Regan was in the kitchen when she said without any panic in her voice, "Mama, dere's a spider right dere."
"Oh really?", not really paying attention.
"Dere's a spider right dere mama!"
I get up not expecting much because she thinks most bugs are spiders. I get to her and she has her hand up with her fingers spread and I see a big, black cricket sitting on her middle finger! She didn't move a muscle and just kept saying, "dere's a spider right dere". I quickly got a paper towel and caught the cricket (luckily he didn't move a muscle either). After it was off her she put her hand to her chest and said, "dat spider scare me". What a stinkin' brave girl! What other normal person would not shake convulsively to get that thing as far away as possible?
I hope I am not the only one who deals with kids who have night time sleeping issues. Regan HATES to be alone esp. at night when she goes to bed, so we lay down with her until she goes to sleep, and I'm a bit embarassed to mention that she sleeps on the floor of our bedroom (that's a whole other tangent). A few times a week she will just lay there and not go to sleep. After an hour or more i can't take it so I say that I'm going to go the bathroom or something just to see if she will stay and go to sleep on her own.....oh no....she comes out with her blanky...

"I'm awake" think of a sweet little angelic voice, not the one that just screamed at me earlier in the day.

"I know your awake. You need to be asleep. Why don't you go lay down."

She gives me a big hug. "I'm glad to see you" She's milkin' it.

Awwww..."I'm glad to see you to, but you need to go back to bed. It is very late."

Another big hug, with the Super Duper sweet little angelic voice, "Mmmmmm, I lub you mama."

She is really soppin' it up here.

"Ok, ok, you can stay. Go sit by your dad and go to sleep."

You know they say that adults are smarter than kids, but who ends up getting what they want the most? Not me, that's for sure. Not when she breaks out the Super Duper sweet little angelic voice. She knows exactly what she's doing.

P.S. I hate when blogger won't let me put spaces in between paragraphs!!!!!!!

6 comments:

The Colvins said...

Soph and Reg are so stinkin cute! I love to hear all the funny things they do. I can't believe Regan actually picked up that bug, I know how she is so scared of them. At church the other day Sam put a dead roach in his mouth--I'm sure he would have chewed it up and swallowed it if my mom hadn't seen him and pulled it out of his mouth. When she did take it away he started screaming and freaking out! Kids are so wierd!

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Those little stories are so cute. I also have a little one that has the "Super Duper Angelic Voice" She likes to use it on me when I have had really bad day and she knows I will probably say NO to whatever she is asking.. But you just have to LOVE the little stinkers...

Catherine said...

First of all, kris, that is the cutest new background! Alright, so I was laughing pretty hard when I was reading all the Reganisms and Sophieisms. How cute that Sophie says "nummy-num" when she wants to eat. Jon says it too, and it cracks me up everytime because he says it so fast. And Regs is so dang smart, I can't believe it! You have said it before...who needs a tv when you have kids for entertainment?!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

It was so great to see them in action a couple of weeks ago. It is so funny when Regan says "My Cwying" and when Sohpie would start to scream at the top of her lungs "bye....bye....bye" when someone would leave on the 4-wheelers or in a vehicle. HOpe to see them in October.

Skousen Seven said...

Love our girlies!!! Thanks for visiting me when you were home. Hope Regan got caught up on her sleep. I'm so glad Sophie still remembers me.
We will try to get to Salt Lake as soon as we can. Better get a big apartment for my tribe!!! Love ya lots! XOXOXOOX

Jason & Kelli West said...

thsoe girls are so cute! They are so lucky to have you as a mom Kristal!! And I LOVE your new lbog colors and paper and all! I hope all is well for you! Kristal you rock!