People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Out of the mouth's of babes

Regan is the funniest kid. At Easter we went four wheeling with Jason's extended family. Jason's uncle Bruce caught a lizard and told Regan to come see it. Well she picked it up, and almost squeezed it to death. Then if that wasn't enough, people around her were telling her to kiss it. Of course Grandma Joy was freaking out, but she kissed it!! It kind of got loose from her and started scrambling up her arm, but she grabbed it and managed to rip it's tail off in the process. She then tried to put the tail back on the lizard saying, "...put it on...". Where did we get this lizard kissin' girl that doesn't like to play with dolls, yet likes to have me put makeup on her?


Then she love to sing and does really well at singing tons of different songs. So now she is getting so good that she will put in her own words to some of them. Here's an example: "Old Macdonald had a teletubbie....or Sophie....or something else totally off the mark, yet she knows what she is saying. I think she does it just to be funny. She will come up to me and say, "Mama, you a good boy."

"No, I'm a good girl"

"No, you a good boy!" ...with a pat and a smile. She's a little jokster.

So potty training is going really well. She has an accident every now and then, but for the most part is great. So the other morning she says to me, "Go poo poo in the potty?", which is what she says whether she has to go #1 or #2, and always ending in a sort of questioning tone. So I rush her in there and she pees then here is the exchange that followed...

R: Got a belly ache? (eyes kind of squinting)


K: You do? Well get it out.


A little pushing follows.


R: Mama, it's stuck.


K: Well push really hard.

More strenuous pushing followed by a smile.


R: It's a baby one!


K: It's not a big one?


R: No, it not a big one. It's a baby one.


Then she leaps off the potty chair, squats down to look at it and says...


R: Look! It's a baby one! It's so cute!!


That's my girl. Way to find a bright spot in a stinky situation.

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey girl, I saw what time you posted! What the heck are you doing up so late? It's 11:55pm for me, so I guess I should be asking myself the same question!
I always thought Regan was a little comedian, but look who her parents are. Seriously, that poo story is WAY funny! Wade and I still talk about how we always laughed so hard hanging out with you and Jason as neighbors! Good times! SO glad we're friends!

Kit said...

Hey Krystal I found your blog. I had no idea you had one! I love this pic of you two! K so I am potty training too....So hard!! The poo thing is so hard for lexi to understand!! Sorry I haven't been able to call...It has been the craziest couple of weeks searching for a place to live!

Skousen Seven said...

Well, welcome to the poo poo stories club!! My kids always had to show me the "prize" in the potty. I still regret not getting a picture of Regan in my bathtub with a whole lot of "prizes"!!!!
That is a sweet picture of you two. I miss you and your family tons.

frank.greer said...

Sounds like crap to me

Dawna Greer said...

I can't believe Regan wasn't afraid of a lizard--takes after her dad, for sure! You better not be around when someone tells her to come look at a snake!
All the cute little sayings about poo and other things are what makes motherhood so rewarding. When Lance was about three or four, he had left a big circular puddle in his bed one morning, and I was ready to get upset when he pointed to it and cheerfully said, "See the pretty flower!" I thought only a child could see a flower in a wet spot. Only Regan could see a cute "Baby Poo!"

JaredandKatie said...

That's adorable. I have little boys and I don't think anyone could EVER pursuade them to actually kiss a lizard!!! What a brave little girl!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH...man that was a good read! Thanks for posting that! I love it! I had to share it with Ronnie and he got a laugh out of it too. They really do say the darndest things!

Karleen said...

I went private so send me your e-mail and I will put you on my list. karleehughes@hotmail.com

DKAZ said...

I love these pics. Sophie is such a perfect mix of both you and Jason. Regan is beautiful too. The potty training thing is next on my list for the Dog. He has gone #1 a few times, but I'm still uncommitted. Hope all else is well with you all.

Brandon and Amber Owens said...

Your girls are so dang cute, and are getting so big! I can't believe how fast they grow up.
I am so jealous of your page! It is so cute. I really need to start that digital scrapbooking you showed me how to do. I just don't know when I'll find the time. I'm lucky if I even get a picture taken of the girls!