People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world your best and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa

Sunday, June 12, 2011

4th times a charm?

Thursday Jason and I "celebrated" our 10th anniversary. Crazy I tell ya. I can't believe it has been that long. Time flies when your having fun. Jason said that we could celebrate it in January. I didn't understand. He said that maybe I would be feeling better by then. In that case, let's make it March just to be sure. We went to Olive Garden with the girls. I had a bread stick and was stuffed. The girls told the waitress their life story and she was a very sweet listener.

I'm sitting on the couch with the girls watching a Donald Duck dvd, which Sophie is in love with. She giggles and thinks it is so funny. Regan will laugh but not at the expense of Donald. She keeps telling me and Sophie to stop laughing at Donald. She feels bad for him. "We need to listen to him and never laugh at him or make fun of him." My little animal rights activist. She may be joining forces with PEETA soon.


In other news, my tube got a clog that would not be unclogged. I worked on it for a couple hours. My doctor worked on it for a half hour. All to no avail. So I had to be scheduled to get it replaced. I went in Friday afternoon for the procedure and talked to the doc about keeping the bridle (nose ring suture) out this time. My nose was SOOOOOO sore from being yanked on about 50 times a day. And it has created a cold sore where it was sitting. My cold sore has now spread to the left top and bottom of my lips. Ouch! They were concerned about the girls pulling it out, but we decided that I could get it put in later if it became a problem. While putting it down, the camera showed that I have gastritis which would explain why I feel so bloated and can't eat more than a few bites of anything without feeling terribly full.

So after I woke up from anesthesia, my throat was irritated and I coughed and part of the tube came up. This made me start vomiting violently and each time more of the tube would come up. So much of it came up that the whole thing had to be taken out because it was clearly out of my intestines. I ended up waiting another couple hours for an available doctor to put it in again. This time they put a dissolvable clamp at the end of the tube and clamped it to my intestine. It only lasts a few hours. Long enough for the nausea and coughing to abate.

That night, I'm sitting on the couch and Regan is acting like a wild animal and falls on the tubing. I'm sure that if I had a bridle in my nose it would have ripped through half my nasal septum. As it was, the tubing pulled out quite a bit. I was able to shove most of it in and just prayed that it hadn't come out of my intestines.

I haven't taken my meds for a couple weeks now because they make me terribly sick. The doctor was concerned about me not taking them and said I could crush most of them up and put it through the tube so it wouldn't sit in my stomach if taken by mouth. So I did that the next morning. After a couple hours I got very sick and started throwing up fluids and my meds. I didn't drink anything that morning, so I knew that my tube had pulled out of my intestines and was now draining in my stomach. I was so bloated that morning and in pain. I couldn't finish my whole feeding. I was sick all day yesterday and because of the gastritis, I've had to slow my feeding down so it goes all day.

I hate to think what my dr is going to say when I call him tomorrow. I'll have to get this dag-blasted thing replaced again. They'll put the bridle in this time for sure :( Maybe 4th times a charm?

5 comments:

Kit said...

Oh my goodness Kristal!!!! I have gotten behind on your life. Jason was over and told me all about your feeding tube. I'm sick for you! What day can I take the girls for you or days? If Jason could drop them off I could have them as long as you need and he could pick them up later or something? I'm so sorry you're going thru all this! Let me help please!

And I LOVE your post below...not that you're going thru all that....but how you describe life with a feeding tube...Nursing smell and all....I could just smell that vanilla ensure. Haha. You certainly have a way with words!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Oh yuck. I know that by 17 weeks I was so ready to get over being sick, and I only threw up a couple times a week. Hang in there...help is on the way!

Aunt Tiff said...

oh Krystal you break my heart!!! It's a good thing these babies are so dang worth it. Hang in there girl!! And yes! I so remember being in the same trek family and yes we were the best by FARR!!! Love ya girl...and your family is in our prayers as well. This ordeal with my dad has definitely made me think of your family and what you have been going through since your dad got sick! Definitely no fun!!!

Deni said...

Krystal, are you still in SLC? I'm not that far if so. I can come and help if you need it. Just let me know. - Deni

Living Lavallee said...

Unreal what you are going through - makes my minor complaints seem silly. I hope it stays put at some point - bless your heart!